Indonesian Batik : A Living Heritage

I'm always impressed with this artwork: Batik. yes, no objects of cultural heritage of Indonesia has always managed to hypnotize me while enjoying the 'they' were displayed or exhibited.

I was reminded of when I learn how about making a batik. It is very tiring. starts from sketching, sketching move up the fabric, giving the wax with a canting, dipped into the dye, and sagging. It is the experience and lessons learned are very valuable, because with direct experience, I was able to appreciate against the work.
I recently visited a batik exhibition in Jakarta, precisely at the National Gallery in Central Jakarta. exhibition was a group exhibition that marks the good relations between Indonesia-German in the field of culture. yap, batik not only to be appreciated by Indonesia. and I also greatly admire the works of batik that had been created by European artists who participated in the exhibition. here are some photos when I do visit:
 

I tucked between batik fabrics on display :)
I am a batik background patterned butterflies. OMG I really love it!
I was with one of the great works of German artists batik. look at his motives fairy! cool!
This is a car full of symbols batik. but the process is in fact not batik. but it still looks cool. Piyu's 'Padi'.
This Fariz. My boyfriend who accompanied me to visit the exhibition and take a picture there. Thx dear :)

one corner of the exhibit hall

Komentar